SEEC works to develop the local manpower competencies in both Energy Efficiency Management and Audit, as they are considered relatively new fields with few local expertise. SEEC aims to enhance and disseminate knowledge in EE fields at the vocational, Educational and professional levels.
Accreditation of Training Programs in the Field of EE
The initiative of Accreditation of energy efficiency programs aims to improve the quality of this type of training programs, in addition to building a distinguished training system and encouraging the establishment of training programs in this field to develop human capabilities in the Kingdom to play its desired role in this vital field.
- Now, all licensed entities and training centers which like to get their energy efficiency programs accredited can apply for the Energy Efficiency accreditation by contacting The Saudi Energy Efficiency Center at 920002724
- To view the accreditation list of training programs in the field of energy efficiency (link)
- To view the guide of the regulations (link)
Professional Certificates and Training Program
SEEC organizes verity of professional training programs in energy management, efficiency, and auditing in partnerships with global organizations such as The Association of Energy Engineers “AEE”, which include the following programs:
- Certified Energy Manager – CEM®
- Certified Energy Auditor - CEA®
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional - CMVP®
- Certified Industrial Energy Professional - CIEP®
Training Courses for Government Entities Staff
SEEC trains specialists at government entities in compliance with the Royal Decree No: 5604 dated 05/02/1439H regarding the review of the mechanism for the rationalization of electricity consumption in the government sector aiming for the following:
- Raising the competency of the government entities’ staff to adhere to periodic and preventive maintenance, which contributes to increasing EE in government premises.
- Defining the technical specifications of devices used in government premises.
- Developing new EE curriculum for engineering colleges which is currently being included in 21 universities (Public & Private)
- Adding EE topics for 114 technical and industrial colleges.
- Consolidating efforts between SEEC and Technical and Vocational Training Corporation “TVTC” to qualify the outputs of technical and vocational training in EE field.
Center of Excellence in Energy Efficiency “CEEE” at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals “KFUPM”
CEEE is one of the leading academic centers for students and professionals in the EE education. The center will provide training, promote postgraduate studies and applied research to facilitate and disseminate knowledge, including the following:
- Education, academic training, and intensive courses in the EE area.
- EE and Manpower Assessment Program for Saudi Students in EE Use.
- EE applied research projects.
Various EE Training Courses
- Basics of energy efficiency.
- Energy efficiency in industrial processes of small and medium industries.